Monday, August 6, 2007

Heading off to London and Prague

Work is sending me off to Prague in a few weeks, and I have been able to finaigle a stopover in London to see sister Elizabeth, hubby Henrik and Little Package in Belly. I'll be maxing out my luggage allowance so I can bring a huge stack of kiddie clothes from Linda.

My itinerary is from hell, but it's what I had to do to get this in: leave SFO at 1pm on Tuesday, arrive in Heathrow at 10:30 the next morning, zip over to Elizabeth's, hang out, leave Heathrow at 9pm, arrive in Prague at midnight, hotel at 1am. Go to work for two days, then leave Prague at 7am Saturday morning, change in Heathrow at 11am, back on Saturday morning at 1pm. Gads. Hopefully I'll have a chance to see Prague, although it may be through very sagging eyes and wobbly legs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very interesting article. Unfortunately I haven't been to London, but I visited Prague. Prague looks great and the best way to explore this city is to get lost in it.
I spent one week there. Prague is amazing city. It is full of beautiful squares, beautiful architecture, and beautiful art. Also I really enjoyed my accommodation, because Prague hotels are not expensive and offers free transportation from airport.
Just look around at the great monuments, the Prague Castle with the Golden Lane and the St Vitus Cathedral, the facades in different colors and styles along the Vltava, the 1001 peaks all around, the numerous cathedrals, basilicas, churches, synagogues, the national theater, the lovely little alleys and so much more.